Users are expected to observe the following rules while using the library services.
1. Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., of library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
2. If any library user wants to use his/her personal reading material, then he/she must inform the Library staff.
3. Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
4. Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
5. Library furniture can not be moved from one place to another.
6. Do not use the chairs for placing your feet on.
7. Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
8. A Books suggestion form is kept in the library in which suggestions for new books are invited.
9. After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve the books. Library staff will reshelf them.
10. Discussions and meetings are not allowed in the library.
11. If any library user disturbs the study environment for other library users, he\she will be given a verbal warning, if despite the warning, the user repeats the same attitude; he/she will be debarred from entering the library premises for a day.
12. Books are liable to be returned before the date, if required for some special purpose.
13. The borrower card is not transferable.
14. Books borrowed from the library are not transferable.
15. Books will be issued strictly according to the priority of demand.
16. The Librarian is authorized to withdraw library facilities from any member who is found misusing the library material or facilities.
17. Cell phones should be on silent mode within the library premises.
18. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the library.
19. Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
20. Any person, who loses, defaces or otherwise seriously damages books, shall be liable to pay the cost of the replacement and in the event of the book being one of the set or series, the cost of whole set or series shall be paid by the person.
21. Only registered library users can use the library.
22. The Library will be open on all working days.
23. Students have to renew their library membership every year.